Sautéed Pepper Steak
This is a really simple and nutritious recipe that I make weekly. A rib steak will work best for this!
1 lb beef; cut into small strips
2tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 green bell peppers; cut into thin strips
1 medium onion; finely chopped
1 clove garlic; chopped
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup water
1 &1/2 tbsp cornstarch1tbsp soy sauce
1 can whole tomatoes;drained and chopped
1. Cut steak in half and then crosswise into small strips.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium heat.
3. Add beef strips and separate in pan, cooking and stirring for 5-6 minutes until browned and almost cooked through.
4. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, over medium heat, heat the remaining tbsp of oil.
6. Add in the bell peppers, onion and garlic, stirring for 4-5 minutes.
7. In a large bowl, combine broth, water, cornstarch and soy sauce.
8. Add soy sauce mixture and the tomatoes to the pan.
9. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce boils and thickens, about 15 minutes.
10. Return beef to skillet and cook for about 35 minutes, until beef is fully cooked.
11. Serve hot over cooked rice.